I am a seasoned Digital Creative DIrector and UX/UI Designer with a deep understanding of digital marketing and user-centered web design.
With over 15 years of national consumer brand experience, I have worked with agencies of all sizes, including JWT, Merkley, Cox Interactive, Code18 Interactive, Moxie Interactive, Inflexion Interactive, Kilgannon, and GO! Experience Design.
Versatile and reliable, I have a proven ability to bring practical solutions to complex creative and technical problems. I love cultivating, leading, and mentoring strong creative teams, and know how to manage projects from initial proposal to final client approval. With an uncommon ability to explain complicated subjects in an approachable, down-to-earth manner, I am very much at ease in a client-facing role.
My work experience spans several B2C verticals including Consumer Packaged Goods (UNISOM, Gold Bond, Balmex, ACT), Consumer Electronics (Brother, CDW, Texas Instruments, ATI) Telecommunications (Verizon Wireless, BellSouth, Cingular, SouthernLINC), and Media (TKTS, Algonquin Books, Workman Publishing, CNN.com, USA Today).
With strong organizational skills and an exceptional eye for detail, I always exceed client expectations and deliver quality work on time, on budget, and on strategy. My portfolio includes mobile apps, responsive websites, WordPress websites, static websites, rich media banners, Flash microsites, and more.
I am currently available and seeking new opportunities in the New York City area.
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Concept development and user-centered design for desktop and mobile.
• Comprehensive hands-on art direction, Flash development and graphic design skills.
• Intuitive, elegant and user-friendly UI and UX design.
• Platform-agnostic responsive web design.
• Development of successful digital branding and marketing strategies.
• Information architecture and wireframing.
• Leadership of design and development teams for digital and online media.
• Clear and precise communication with creatives, developers and clients alike.
• Able to establish and grow profitable client engagements and vendor relationships.
• Able to articulately present, explain and defend agency work.
• Identify, recruit and mentor talent in order to enhance team skills and productivity.
• Develop and document best practices for efficient organization and management.
• Desktop: Adobe Creative Suite for Macintosh (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, etc..)
• Server: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Exim, WordPress.
I am an active member of the Apple Developer Program, AIGA, AIMA, ATDC and CHI*A.
I am also a regular attendee of industry events such as SXSW and An Event Apart.
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFORMATION
After 25 years of living in the great city of Atlanta, I recently relocated to the New York City area with my wife and two Airedale Terriers. I have been the founder or co-founder of four profitable small businesses, and a trusted advisor to dozens of start-ups. I am passionate about technology, design, live music, skiing, architecture, pop culture, independent music and film, and new experiences in general. An endlessly curious traveler, to date I have visited 46 states, and 18 countries on three continents. I began my career in the music business, working for indie labels, commercial radio and music magazines. And I have toured the US as the manager of a professional working rock band, running shows everywhere from CBGB to Universal Amphitheatre. Before leaving Atlanta, I thoroughly renovated every inch of a historic 1920 Craftsman bungalow inside and out – a project which took nearly 14 years to complete. And I am a dedicated Macintosh enthusiast, loyal to the platform for over 20 years.